Tunde Raji -
June 1, 2017
A premier microfinance institution located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, is looking for a suitably qualified individual for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
Location: Rivers State
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Provides periodic reports to the Regional Manager (BM) or as may be assigned, and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
- Actively participates in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favourably on the Bank.
- Plan and monitor daily cash requirements of the branch.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related fields
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, 2 years in branch management in a financial institution, exposure to lending practice is desired
- Strong managerial skills and experience
- Fluency in English required, Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Leading with integrity – Reinforces our values through daily behaviour and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Employee engagement – Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Responsible for results – Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
- Recruitment and staffing – Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Financial responsibility – Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
- To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- An effective implementer of organizational policies and procedures at the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job Title” as subject