Tunde Raji -
April 26, 2017
Verite Microfinance Bank Limited is duly registered in the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission and licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a deposit-taking financial institution.
Verite MFB takes pride in our strong, enthusiastic and youthful management team which gives us the ability to tirelessly go the extra mile and deliver financial services that is of highest quality to the unbanked.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
- To effectively manage the Central Cash department and ensure controls of the Bank’s local and foreign cash and draft instruments are consistently adhered to
- Manage and maintain cash limits both at Central Cash and Branches and ensure prompt expatriation of excesses
- Plan and coordinate delivery and collection of cash to and from the Central Bank
- Ensure that foreign cash held is within the set limit
- Verify that vault/reserve cash movement differences are resolved daily
- Supply cash both local and foreign with minimum delay to Branches as per SLA
- Hold in joint custody keys to vault cash compartments
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Engage with Partner Banks in cash swaps
- Evaluates daily cash levels and ensures they meet short-term operating needs and long-term project financing requirements
- Transfer funds for customers as per customers instructions in a safe and secure manner by observing due diligence at all times.
- To ensure that customer’ funds transfer instructions are efficiently and promptly executed without delays with a positive impact on customer delight.
- Be very articulate and pay attention to detail while bearing in mind the turnaround time (TAT) for all transfers and processing of customer instructions
- Responsible for all clearing related activities and funds transfer processing:
- Ensure customers’ transactions (MCs, Cash Fast) are processed within approved service TAT.
- Ensure maintenance and effective utilization of physical assets and resources (adding machines, workstations, Stamps till boxes etc)
- Ensure customers’ instructions are properly reviewed before processing.
- Ensure all remittances for customers and regulatory agencies are handled within the agreed time-frame
- Account and financial statement preparation.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interest of members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- Providing general assistance to the audit and business service team.
- Management account preparation.
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and relevant authorities.
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Business, Finance, Accounting and related disciplines.
- He/She must be experienced in funds transfer, internal control and audit, tellership etc.
- Membership of professional bodies such as ICAN, CIBN is an added advantage
- He/she must have worked in financial institution for minimum of 3 years
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively [Both written and verbal] with all level within the organisation.
- Strong analytical capability
- Candidate must have excellent customer service orientation; must be able to pay attention to details;
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a word document version of their CV’s to: email@example.com