Tunde Raji -
May 5, 2017
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG (www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Software Architect
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- At least two years of UML experience (Unified Modeling Language)
- At least two years of experience with software source control and version control
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
- DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Good knowledge of Object-oriented Programming languages and relational database
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Experience in implementing operational automation
- Documentation skills for operational processes and procedures
- Ability to efficiently work with multiple developer teams
- Audit/approve developers’ change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
- Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send a CV as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly state the position as the subject matter of your application.